Get the latest COVID-19 updates from the PA Department of Health. Click here
Some Self Care Links to get through the COVID-19 Crisis
Updates from the CDC:
Lancaster Community Meal Distribution
YWCA Lancaster Coronavirus Update
Dear Valued YWCA Lancaster Families,
We have come to the difficult decision to close our YWonderful Kids programs effective tomorrow. We expect to reopen on March 30.
As mentioned yesterday, some factors that influenced this decision include today’s announcement by Governor Wolf calling for child care facilities to close and updates from the PA Office of Child Development & Early Learning. We are honoring the Governor’s request to participate in active mitigation to combat the spread of the virus at this time.
To reiterate, As of Tuesday, March 17, YWonderful Kids Lime Street and Penn Manor will be closed through March 27 due to COVID-19 and recommendations from the Governor, the CDC and the PA Department of Health regarding social distancing. We will be closed the entire time and we plan to re-open on Monday, March 30, 2020. During this period, maintenance staff will perform deep cleaning of the Lime Street facilities.
The decision to close is not one we take lightly, and we recognize that our services are a critical part of your family’s everyday routine. We will be monitoring the situation and providing any updates as they are available. Thank you for your patience as we adhere to the guidance from health and government agencies during this unprecedented time
I know this situation may have an economic impact on you as well as the YWCA Lancaster as we continue to support our staff with paid time off during this period. I will communicate specifics regarding payment within a day or so but wanted to let you know of the closure as soon as possible.
Supporters of YWCA Lancaster:
Here is the latest program information. YWCA Lancaster provides essential services across the county and most of our programming is in partnership with other agencies and funders and in most cases, we must await their guidance before proceeding with program changes or closures. According to the PA Department of Health we are in a Preparedness Phase because there is no community transmission here. We continue to closely monitor the situation and will follow their guidance regarding COVID-19.
At this time:
- All Penn Manor sites are closed for YWonderful Kids programs because the Governor has closed the schools. In order to serve working parents who need our essential services we will allow children from the Penn Manor program to attend Lime Street programs this week on a first come, first served basis. They should bring their own lunch. As entering the building, please go directly to the bathroom on the 1st floor to wash their hands. Sign in will be at the front desk and the students will be transported by a SACC staff in groups to go downstairs to the gym.
- YWonderful Kids Lime Street will be open for Early Head Start, Pre-K, Pre-K Counts and SACC program tomorrow.
- SAPCC services remain open except for school based programs. Accommodations are being made on an as needed basis to use telehealth options.
- Parent Empowerment Programs remain open due to court ordered services.
- Senior Exercise programs will close on Monday per Lancaster County Office on Aging.
- YWCA Lancaster has added a maintenance staff person beginning Monday. Their focus will be additional disinfecting of key building areas: Kepler Hall Residence; YWonderful Kids and gym; bathrooms and building points of entry.
- YWCA has cancelled regularly scheduled community group meetings in the building until further notice.
What will make us implement further changes?
- If the Governor mandates closures in Lancaster County.
- If the Department of Health changes their position, we will follow suit.
- If the Office of Child Development & Early Learning changes their stance, we will follow their guidance.
- If the Early Learning Resource Center changes their guidance we will follow suit.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
Click the Quick Escape button for a
SAFE and FAST way to leave this site.