”Building Community Through Diversity”
YWCA Lancaster is pleased to present a lunch-and-learn with Dr. Darrien Davenport, July 17 starting at 11:30 a.m.
This Lunch and Learn is led by Dr. Darrien Davenport, the Executive Director of Multicultural Engagement at Gettysburg College.
In this session we will talk about the following:
- Aspects of our diversity (or challenges) that are creating an impediment to creating community.
- What a cohesive community looks like through the empowerment of one another’s diversity
- A plan for creating a community that is sustainable.
The event takes place on Tuesday, July 17, at YWCA Lancaster, 110 N. Lime St., Lancaster, Pa. There is no cost to attend, and lunch will be provided.
- 11:30 a.m. – Noon: Lunch is served
- Noon – 1:15 p.m.: Speaker Davenport
- 1:15 – 1:30 p.m.: Q&A
A native of Philadelphia, PA, Darrien earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from West Chester University, his Master of Science degree in Leadership and Business Ethics from Duquesne University, and his Doctorate of Education from Northeastern University. Darrien has close to 20 years of professional experience in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Darrien has created and delivered multiple presentations on topics including but not limited to: diversity, multiculturalism, leadership, self-esteem and body image.
Registration for this event has closed.