YWCA Lancaster’s School Age Child Development program provides a safe place for kids and peace of mind for their families. The program offers care to children 5-12 years of age throughout the year.
Before and After School
Before & After School care includes ample indoor and outdoor activities, homework time, nutritious snacks, and arts and crafts.
- School District of Lancaster: Care is provided for children attending Carter And MacRae, Wickersham, Fulton, Burrowes, King, Washington, Lafayette, Ross, and Wharton elementary schools. This program includes transportation to and from schools at no additional cost.
- Penn Manor School District: Care is provided at Central Manor, Eshleman, Hambright, Letort, Martic, and Pequea elementary schools.
Care is available during school closings at YWCA Lancaster for both Penn Manor and School District of Lancaster schools with prior registration.
2017/2018 Center Closings
Fourth of July: July 4, 2017
Labor Day: September 4, 2017
Staff Professional Development Day: October 9, 2017
Thanksgiving Holiday: November 23 & November 24, 2017
Christmas: December 25, 2017
New Year’s Day: January 1, 2018
President’s Day: February 19, 2018
Good Friday: March 30, 2018
Memorial Day: May 28, 2018
YWCA Lancaster’s Kindergarten Wrap-Around Program offers care for children enrolled in half-day kindergarten at all Penn Manor elementary schools. The program can be combined with before and/or after school care to provide all day care for kindergarten students.
Parent Handbook and Registration Packet forms coming soon.
Registration for the 2017-18 school year is by appointment only.
YWCA Lancaster Summer Camp offers care for children from the end of the school year until it begins again in the Fall. Day Camp is offered at sites throughout Lancaster County for students in the Penn Manor School District and School District of Lancaster. Campers receive a t-shirt celebrating the summer’s theme and a yearbook at the end of the summer.
Camp includes the following activities:
- Breakfast and nutritious snacks
- Arts and crafts
- Sports and games
- Library visits
- Activities such as bowling, mini golf, and skating
- Trips to local attractions
- Programs celebrating diversity and individuality
Summer Camp Registration
Registration information will be made available in the months prior to Summer Camp.
Click the Quick Escape button for a
SAFE and FAST way to leave this site.