YWCA Lancaster’s School Age Child Development program provides a safe place for kids and peace of mind for their families. The program offers care to children 5-12 years of age throughout the year.
Before and After School
Before & After School care includes ample indoor and outdoor activities, homework time, nutritious snacks, and arts and crafts.
- School District of Lancaster: Care is provided for children attending Carter And MacRae, Wickersham, Fulton, Burrowes, King, Washington, Lafayette, Ross, and Wharton elementary schools. This program includes transportation to and from schools at no additional cost.
- Penn Manor School District: Care is provided at Central Manor, Eshleman, Hambright, Letort, Martic, and Pequea elementary schools.
Care is available during school closings at YWCA Lancaster for both Penn Manor and School District of Lancaster schools with prior registration.
2019/2020 Center Closings
Labor Day: September 2, 2019
Staff Professional Development Day: October 14, 2019
Thanksgiving Holiday: November 28 & 29, 2019
Christmas: December 25, 2019
New Year’s Day: January 1, 2020
President’s Day: February 17, 2020
Good Friday: April 10, 2020
Memorial Day: May 25, 2020
Independence Day: July 3, 2020
YWCA Lancaster’s Kindergarten Wrap-Around Program offers care for children enrolled in half-day kindergarten at all Penn Manor elementary schools. The program can be combined with before and/or after school care to provide all day care for kindergarten students. Information is now available for our Kindergarten Wrap Registration Nights.
Parent Handbook and Registration Packet forms coming soon.
To see when our Kindergarten Wrap Registration Nights take place click here.
YWCA Lancaster Summer Camp offers care for children from the end of the school year until it begins again in the Fall. Day Camp is offered at sites throughout Lancaster County for students in the Penn Manor School District and School District of Lancaster. Campers receive a t-shirt celebrating the summer’s theme and a yearbook at the end of the summer.
Camp includes the following activities:
- Breakfast and nutritious snacks
- Arts and crafts
- Sports and games
- Library visits
- Activities such as bowling, mini golf, and skating
- Trips to local attractions
- Programs celebrating diversity and individuality
Summer Camp Registration
Join us to register for Summer Camp – Registration nights to be held at Eshleman Elementary School and YWCA Lancaster on various days in April. Download the flyer below for more information.
Click the Quick Escape button for a
SAFE and FAST way to leave this site.