Because of you – we open our historic building to meet the needs of the folks in our community. Whether it is a safe place to stay in an emergency or on a more permanent basis – we are here. Returning to work and need reliable, safe, quality childcare from infant through school age – we are here. Looking for skilled, compassionate counselors to walk alongside a victim survivor of sexual assault, harassment, or abuse – we are here. Reentering the job market from a life transition and in need of resume and job skill improvement – we are here. On your journey to becoming an ally or looking for a deeper dive into what it truly means to be anti-racist – we are here. Our doors are open, and we are here to provide these much-needed community services because of you!
Your tax-deductible gift to the YWCA Lancaster impacts our community in the most positive of ways. For over fifty years our mission has remained; eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YWCA Lancaster has earned the Platinum GuideStar Seal of Transparency, showing our commitment to transparency by providing up-to-date information in our GuideStar profile.
Ways to Give
Text to GiveYou can text to give. Simply text "YWCA" to 243 725
Donate OnlinePartner with YWCA Lancaster to help continue our day-to-day operations and needed programming. Give a gift using the form on this page to support our Kepler Hall Residence Program, Sexual Assault Response, Racial Equity Program, the YWonderful Kids Childcare Program or Where Needed Most. Read more about these categories below.
Donate ItemsDonate material goods off of our list of needed items below.
Donate by MailMake checks payable to 'YWCA Lancaster' and mail to YWCA Lancaster, 110 N. Lime Street, Lancaster, PA 17602
Donate StockYWCA Lancaster’s Director of Development will help you with any questions.
Donate TimeWe always appreciate donated time! See what opportunities are available.
Amazon SmileGo to smile.amazon.com, choose YWCA of Lancaster as your charity. Continue to shop! .05% of participating products will be credited to our account Remember: Next time you want to order go to smile.amazon.com!
YWCA Lancaster gratefully accepts the following donations for our Residence Program:
- UNOPENED Shelf stable foods such as cereal, rice, soup, pasta, sauces
- UNOPENED Protective supplies such as face coverings and gloves, hand soap and sanitizer, sanitizing wipes
- NEW Twin size sheet sets; blanket, comforters and towel sets.
- NEW personal hygiene products for women, men or children. Body wash, shampoo and conditioner-for multi-textural hair, razors, toothpaste, combs, lotion, etc.
Where Does My Donation Go?
YWCA Lancaster’s core mission initiatives of social justice and empowerment allow us to address systemic issues and draw from human experience to achieve healing, restoration and hope. Choose your donation category of choice, and watch your gift make a lasting impact! Choose a program that resonates with you from the dropdown menu above.
Give a lasting gift to ensure YWCA Lancaster’s essential services continue. Contributions to YWCA Lancaster’s Endowment Fund are structured so that the principle amount contributed and invested remains intact, while Investment Income Annual Earnings are available for YWCA Lancaster to use to operate efficiently.
When you give appreciated securities that you have owned for more than one year, you will receive two tax benefits:
- You are entitled to a federal income tax deduction based on the current fair market value of the securities, regardless of their lower original cost.
- You will be exempt from paying capital gains taxes on any increase in value—taxes you would pay if you sold the stock.
Most transfers are made electronically and with ease by your broker.
- Instruct your broker to electronically transfer your intended shares; and
- Ask your broker to notify us once the transfer is complete.
- Have your broker call Nancy O’Halloran with any questions: 717-869-5023
- Hand-deliver them to us; or
- Mail us the stocks and stock power in separate envelopes for your protection to:
110 N.Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
Attn: Keith Bookert, CFO
Planned giving is a way of leaving a gift known as a charitable bequest to an organization through your will or living trust. You can also provide a Planned Gift by naming the YWCA Lancaster as a beneficiary in your insurance policy or retirement plan. By including a charitable bequest to YWCA Lancaster in your will or living trust, you are ensuring that we can continue our mission for years to come. Your gift also entitles your estate to an unlimited federal estate tax charitable deduction.
For more information:
Director of Development