YWCA Lancaster is offering a FREE day camp for female-identifying children, ages 9-14, titled “Empowerment Day.” The day will focus on self-love and empowerment by building connections with others and exploring one’s own experiences. Throughout the day, children will participate in crafts, discussion, and activities related to topics such as gender roles, self-esteem, body-image, drug and alcohol prevention, relationships, and more. A free lunch will be provided by Blazin’ J’s including chicken sandwiches, salad, and chips. Unfortunately at this time, we are unable to accommodate requests. Children with dietary restrictions or allergies should pack if they are unable to have the lunch provided.
The activities for the day will include:
• Activity and discussion on identity and challenging gender roles with the YWCA Lancaster’s Center for Race and Gender Equity
• Creating art with local artist and muralist, Keisha Finnie, on the topics of self-love and self-expression
• Creating a DIY journal on healthy body-image
• Conversations and activities about topics such as coping skills, drug and alcohol prevention, healthy relationships
• Opportunities to win cool prizes and more!
Where: YWCA Lancaster’s 3rd floor classroom
110 N Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
When: Thursday August 12th, Monday August 16th, OR Tuesday August 17th
The program will run 9am -5pm each day, with drop off between 8:30-9:00am and pick up between 5:00-5:30pm
****Within the registration packet, you will have the option to choose which date works best for you. Please note that as this is a day camp and children will only be able to register for one of the three dates. Space is limited to 10 children per session.****
The last day to register for Empowerment Day is Monday, August 9th. A parent/guardian will be required to drop-off the child the day of the program to sign a physical copy of the registration form. Thank you for your understanding.
For more information contact:
Counselor and Educator